Monday, February 28, 2005
New SPECTRO GENESIS solution offers simultaneous CCD ICP functionality at a sequential price / Vanguard ICP-OES Technology: "It can be this simple"
February 28th, 2005 – SPECTRO, the global leader in Optical Emission and XRF Spectroscopy, has announced the launch of SPECTRO GENESIS - its low cost charged coupled device (CCD) inductively coupled plasma (ICP) offering. For the first time it offers laboratories, predominantly in the environmental market, a simultaneous CCD ICP system at the price of a sequential system to provide a higher sample throughput at a low price.
The unit comes factory calibrated and optimized for ease of using SPECTRO's ICAL (Intelligent Calibration Logic) system. SPECTRO GENESIS sets the benchmark for SPECTRO's "It can be this simple" campaign as it is the only ICP system on the market that does not require any fine adjustment, offering true "plug in and analyze" functionality. The sample introduction system does not require any adjustment or optimization therefore saving time in both analysis and training while ensuring optimum results regardless of who is operating the system.
The new SPECTRO Genesis spectrometer delivers a comprehensive range of benefits, including:
- Speed and performance - Simultaneous CCD ICP speed with AA ease-of-use
- Low price - Simultaneous CCD ICP system at the price of a sequential system plus minimal installation and training outlay
- Fully US-EPA, ISO, EN and DIN Compliant
- Seamless laboratory integration - Smallest bench top footprint currently available on the market with state of the art XML (Extended Markup Language) LIMS interface.
- ICAL powered for enhanced ease of use - ICAL (Intelligent Calibration Logic) is a completely novel system. The software-based system monitors and controls the state of the instrument independent from external influences. Thus, the time-consuming standardization of the spectrometer can be eliminated
- Requires no method development – Unit can be ordered with factory calibrated method packages for environmental applications
"Over the last 25 years, optical emission spectrometers with ICP excitation sources have become an indispensable tool for chemical elemental analysis and SPECTRO has been at the forefront of their development," commented Tom Milner, Director, Product Management at SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. "With the SPECTRO GENESIS 'It can be this simple' to achieve the highest levels of quality, accuracy and ease of use at a competitive price."
SPECTRO - the global leader in Optical Emission and XRF Spectroscopy - is a multinational company committed to innovation, instrumentation support and service. With more than 400 employees, SPECTRO has shipped over 20,000 instruments to customers throughout the world. SPECTRO is committed to producing advanced products, better and more diverse solutions, and providing an unparalleled support infrastructure.
Please contact Tom Milner for additional information, Tel: +49.2821.892-0,
Fax: +49.2821.892-2200, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org