March 3, 2015
Kleve — March 3, 2015 — SPECTRO Analytical Instruments today announced the introduction of the new SPECTRO xSORT family of handheld EDXRF spectrometers for onsite elemental analysis and spectrochemical testing in the plant or in challenging field locations.
Each of the three versions of the SPECTRO xSORT energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometers delivers repeatable, laboratory-quality results in a matter of seconds and is optimized for fatigue-free on-site measurements. Moreover, the proven field-ready design features simple user-friendly displays and efficient ergonomics to make the devices extremely easy to use.
Each version of the SPECTRO xSORT EDXRF spectrometers is a leader in its class for a broad spectrum of applications:
- The SPECTRO xSORT Alloy handheld XRF is designed for affordable metals identification and is ideal for the quick incoming inspection of materials. This entry-level model employs an innovative silicon PIN (Si-PIN) detector and delivers grade identification of metals in seconds without extensive analysis.
- SPECTRO xSORT AlloyPlus is designed for advanced metals analysis and is ideal for use with scrap metals sorting and positive material identification (PMI). Featuring a top-of-the-line silicon drift detector (SDD), the xSORT AlloyPlus provides reliable, high-productivity measurement and analysis. The instrument performs metal grade analysis in only 2 seconds for most alloys, or, in just 10 additional seconds, sorts alloys containing “light” elements, such as magnesium, aluminum, silicon, phosphorous, and sulfur.
- SPECTRO xSORT NonAlloy for fast element screening is SPECTRO’s handheld XRF with silicon drift detector (SDD). It delivers fast, reliable measurement and elemental analysis of nonmetallic materials with an outstanding level of performance It generates high-productivity spot checks in a few seconds, or hold on the sample longer for laboratory-quality results. The SPECTRO xSORT NonAlloy is ideal for environmental and RoHS compliance screening, as well as for geological exploration.
All three SPECTRO xSORT EDXRF spectrometers offer a host of features from low detection limits down to the ppm range for heavy metals, to an interface bezel with operator-defined hot keys to maximize speed of common tasks, to “live” analysis results, to wireless LAN and more.
SPECTRO xSORT handheld EDXRF spectrometers are immediately available from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. Download the xSORT handheld XRF brochure at www.spectro.com/xsort.
For more information, visit the SPECTRO xSORT handheld XRF website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. SPECTRO Analytical Instruments is a leading global supplier of analytical instruments employing XRF, Arc/Spark, ICP-OES, and ICP-MS technology for the elemental analysis of materials in industry, research, and academia.
SPECTRO, a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis for a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO’s products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measureable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 30,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical products with over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing and sales and service operations in the United States and 30 other countries around the world.
# # #
Notes to Editors
- Germany: Tom Milner, Tel: +49-2821-8920
- USA: Don Goncalves, Tel: +1-781-793-9380 or email@example.com